March 27, 2019
Dear Friends of Bethany School:
We are pleased to announce that the Bethany School Board of Trustees has a position open for trustee for the 2019-2020 school year. The Board is charged with providing oversight for the Bethany School administration and ensuring that the school is carrying out the school’s mission. As you are aware, one of the Board’s major initiatives this year is to examine Bethany School’s justice, equity, diversity and inclusion. Other Board initiatives include overseeing the construction project and gaining a deeper understanding of the school’s finances. The Board member job description is available below.
The process to apply for the trustee position is as follows:
• All candidates for a trustee position must be first nominated. A link to the nomination form is below. Anyone may nominate a candidate.
• Once nominated, the candidate will complete an application (link is below).
• The Governance committee of the Board will review all applications and present a slate to the Board for final selection.
• All applications are due by April 19, 2019.
• The Board will make the final decision at the May meeting.
We are happy to talk to you further about the time commitment and work of serving as a trustee. Please feel free to contact Parul, Karen, or David for more information.
Parul K. Bawa
President, Bethany School Board of Trustees
Vice President and Chair of the Governance Committee, Bethany School Board of Trustees