– Including and welcoming students of all ethnic, religious, and socioeconomic backgrounds has been our mission since our inception in 1898. We consider ourselves to be a “family” comprised of Individuals with diverse Interests and backgrounds with the same goals of learning to work together and to respect each other.
– Our Christian Education program and Chapel services Inspire children to learn, to find their spiritual core, and to realize they have much to offer their school, their friends, their family, and their community.
– Though our graduating classes are small in numbers, the scholarships they have been awarded have added up to some Impressive numbers. The students from the Class of 2015, for example, were offered $680,120 in scholarships! Area private high schools eagerly welcome Bethany School graduates and often commend us on their preparedness for high school. Recent High schools of choice included: Cincinnati Country Day, Cincinnati Hills Christian Academy, LaSalle, Moeller, Mount Notre Dame, St. Ursula, St. Xavier, Seven Hills, Summit County Day, Ursuline Academy, and Walnut Hills. Our success is not limited to our eighth grade as proven by our Stanford 10 Achievement Test results on which 50% of our students scored in the 95th percentile or above and none of our average stanines was below a 7.
– Small Class Sizes allow teachers to get to know each of their students and their Individual learning styles, learn what their strengths and weaknesses are, challenge them to always work to the best of their ability, and help them reach their fullest potential.
– Students need to Investigate! They need to see it, feel it, hear it, and experience it for themselves to truly understand it. Hands-on activities, science lab work, and field trips at all grade levels are Integral parts of the Bethany School learning environment.
– Our students are Intrigued by the world around them. They are Informed. They are Inquisitive. We encourage them to notice the details and to dig deeper.
– Our programs, enhanced by the latest technological innovations such as Activboards, laptops, and iPads in the classrooms and state-of-the-art computer equipment in our computer lab, are tools we use to enrich each student’s educational experience. Additionally, our team of dedicated teachers challenge our students to develop Innovative Ideas and think creatively when completing their assignments, research projects, and Inventions.
– Our extra-curricular activities involve students in a wide variety of academic enrichment, fine arts, service, and athletic opportunities. Students who are involved tend to develop better organizational and leadership skills, expand their network, develop a sense of achievement, and have balance with their academic lives.
– All Students take Spanish classes: K-6 have Spanish twice a week while 7-8 have Spanish as an academic class five days a week. We also participate in the International School to School Experience (ISSE) program for students in the 5th and 6th grades who host students and then travel to their countries for three week exchanges. Our memorable exchanges have included Australia, Costa Rica, Ecuador, El Salvador, India, Japan, Mexico, and Peru. All of our students benefit from the exchanges and develop global interests from meeting the students, learning about their lives and schools, and watching their cultural programs.
– Our school was founded in 1898 and our 23 acre campus is Indescribable and unlike any other you have ever seen. Visitors often say it reminds them of a college campus as we are spread out into 11 separate buildings with beautiful gardens and fields surrounding them. Six cottages, once used for boarding students, now house multiple classrooms. We also have a beautiful stone Chapel, a brand new 13,000 sq. ft. Activity Center, a solid brick building for grades 4 – 8 with a Science Lab (and a roof perfect for egg drop experiments), a Library/Computer building, and a Gym/Music building. Students travel from building to building throughout the day, enjoying the fresh air and the nature surrounding them.